Dispatch of qualified experts
Ever since its foundation, the Liechtenstein Development Service has dispatched qualified development cooperation experts from Liechtenstein to other countries. In the past 55 years, 87 of Liechtenstein's citizens have participated in the realisation of development projects. Together, they have carried out a total of more than 200 years of development cooperation work and are now viewed as representative of Liechtenstein's civil society and solidarity.
The LED actively recruits qualified experts when project partners and projects in the southern hemisphere specifically request human resources with particular skills.
These qualified experts must meet the following conditions:
- They must have a professional qualification and at least three years of work experience in the area of expertise required
- They must have good social and communication skills
- They must be in good health (confirmed by a doctor)
- They must have intercultural experience and language skills according to the requirements in the country they will be dispatched to.
For the dispatch of qualified experts, please contact:
T +423 222 09 71
The LED offers young people (as well as those who have remained young at heart) from Liechtenstein the opportunity to contribute to a development project and thereby gain valuable life experiences within the scope of an internship. The LED organises internships abroad with long-standing partner organisations.
The conditions for an internship abroad are a minimum stay of six months and a minimum age of nineteen years.
The LED expects all interns to:
- confirm that they are doing the internship voluntarily, on their own responsibility and at their own risk.
- have a good basic knowledge of the respective country's working language.
- agree to consult a specialist physician and to take the necessary healthcare precautions (insurances, vaccinations etc.).
- be fully committed to the job on hand and to keep to the standard local working hours.
- refrain from hurting the religious and moral feelings of the locals.
- contact the LED in Schaan on a regular basis.
- write a report on their mission after their stay.
After the completion of the internship and the local project partner's confirmation that it has been completed successfully, the LED will reimburse the flight costs (economy class) and the cost of the visa and/or residence permits on presentation of the receipts. There is also a set reimbursement fee for insurances during the internship according to the duration of the mission.
Anyone interested should contact the LED and submit their CV and a short accompanying letter to head office. We are sure you will appreciate that we cannot find suitable placements for all submissions.
For all «internship» related matters, please contact:
T +423 222 09 75