«GLOBAL HAPPINESS» Exhibition
The Helvetas touring exhibition "GLOBAL HAPPINESS" and the additional exhibition "solidarity - because Liechtenstein cares about everyone's welfare" opened on 15 May 2020 and ran until 28 February 2021 at the Liechtenstein National Museum in Vaduz. On 28 February 2021, the exhibitions were closed with an online finissage. All information on the exhibitions as well as the recordings of the digital framing programme can be found here:
The Helvetas touring exhibition goes in search of traces of happiness – in Switzerland, Liechtenstein and around the world. The journey explores the question of what sustainable happiness could look like. Happiness that contributes to personal, community and global well-being and does not harm the environment, other people or future generations. And what is it that makes the world, us, me and you happy?
The striving for happiness is an old and worldwide human longing. Especially today, in the context of the debate on a sustainable earth and the adoption of the UN goals for sustainable development, the question arises again: What could «sustainable happiness» look like?
The exhibition will be presented in Geneva from 7 May 2021. Find more information on this here.
Complementary exhibition «showing solidarity – because Liechtenstein cares about everyone's welfare».
As an introduction to the exhibition, the anteroom shows the importance of Liechtenstein solidarity in the world: What do Liechtenstein civil society, the State, and the private sector contribute to promoting happiness and well-being in disadvantaged regions of the world? And how do they thus contribute to the UN Agenda 2030 for sustainable development? LED created this complementary exhibition together with its partners VLGST - Association of Liechtenstein Charitable Foundations and Trusts, NEZA - Network for development cooperation in Liechtenstein and the Liechtenstein AAA - Department for Foreign Affairs. The information on the worldwide engagement of Liechtenstein in the area of development cooperation, which are presented in the tabletexts of the complimentary exhibition, can be found here (in German).
Exhibition location: Liechtenstein National Museum, Städtle 43, 9494 Vaduz, Liechtenstein
When: 15 Mai 2020 to 28 February 2021
Information for teachers: You can find information on the educational offers for secondary level I and II here.
Events around the exhibition: Further information and the recordings of all livestreams of supporting events around the exhibition can be found here at a glance.
"Stories of success" in Liechtenstein: As part of GLOBAL HAPPINESS, numerous Liechtenstein initiatives and organisations working for the common good also presented themselves. Would you like to learn more? Then take a look at the two videos presented at the exhibition finissage on 28.02.2021: Video Part 1, Video Part 2
Program brochure: The programme brochure with all events and guided tours accompanying the exhibitions until 28.02.2021 can be found here.
Materials for Media:
The media release from 11.05.2020 for the opening of the exhibition can be found here.
In the following, media representatives will find additional pictures of the exhibition for download:
- «Complementary exhibition showing solidarity»: the complementary exhibition shows that Liechtenstein is committed to the wellfare of all. Fotolink (© Sven Beham)
- «Interactive showing solidarity»: In the complementary exhibition, visitors experience the theme of solidarity in an interactive way. Fotolink (© Sven Beham)
- «Happiness Pavilions»: The exhibition leads through six theme pavilions from individual happiness to world happiness. Fotolink (© Sven Beham)
- «Personal Happiness»: Pavilion 3 on «personal happiness» deals with happiness and consumption. Fotolink (© Sven Beham)
- «Happiness fundus»: The Fundus presents lucky objects from people from Liechtenstein, Switzerland and other countries worldwide. Fotolink (© Sven Beham)
- «Happiness stories»: People from Switzerland, Guatemala and Bhutan tell in video messages what makes them personally happy. Fotolink (© Sven Beham)
On the Helvetas website, media representatives can find more additional material about the exhibition.
For all matters related to the exhibitions «GLOBAL HAPPINESS» und «showing solidarity», please contact:
T +423 222 09 78